Crossroads Tabernacle belongs to an international network and fellowship of churches known as the Church of the Nazarene. The Church of the Nazarene provides us with moral, spiritual and financial accountability.
It was founded, in 1908, to spread the message of Scriptural holiness (Christ-like living) across the lands. The Church of the Nazarene is a Great Commission church. We believe God offers everyone forgiveness, peace, joy, purpose, love, meaning in life and the promise of heaven through a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We are called to take this message to people everywhere.
The Church of the Nazarene is also a holiness church. We believe that Christians can experience a deeper level of life in which there is victory over sin, power to witness and serve, and a richer fellowship with God, all through the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
The Church of the Nazarene describes itself as a Christian, Protestant, and Evangelical church.
For more information on the Church of the Nazarene, visit www.nazarene.org.
1. In one God, the Creator of all things, who reveals himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. In Jesus Christ, who is fully God and fully man and who became like us to show us the way to God.
3. In the Holy Spirit, who is active in the world, revealing our need for God's reconciling grace and empowering us to respond to the free offer of salvation.
4. The Bible is the written and authoritative Word of God, revealing the way to a restored relationship with God and providing guidance for all areas of life and church practice.
5. We are all sinners by both nature and actions, and need God's forgiveness and cleansing.
6. Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. As we confess, turn away from our sins, and accept his death as payment for our sins, we are restored to right relationship with God.
7. When we turn from sin and trust Christ, the old record of sin is wiped clean and we are born anew, thus becoming part of the family of God.
8. After being born anew, we need the fullness of God's Spirit in our hearts. When we make a complete commitment to him, He cleanses our hearts, fills us with His perfect love (for God and for others), and gives us the power to live victoriously.
9. Jesus rose again from the dead, ascended to the right hand of God and will return again to establish his kingdom and reign.
10. Everyone will stand before God to be held accountable for how they lived their lives on earth and will receive their just reward or punishment.